Family Wellness Center was founded by Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Shannon Johnson, in October of 2020. The business was previously known as Shannon Johnson, LMFT, which opened in 2013. The office opened its doors to the Northwest Indiana community in hopes to serve individuals, couples and families with specialty services that are quality in nature and accessible. Our therapists utilize evidence based approaches to therapy such as the Gottman Method and Emotionally Focused Therapy, among others. They employ a wide variety of other techniques in their work to help guide clients through difficult situations and setbacks they may face in their lives.
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to enhance the well-being of individuals, families, and couples by providing quality therapeutic services.
Our vision is that clients will feel empowered after they receive treatment and continue to lead a healthy, fulfilling life.
What we value as a business:
- A safe and respectful therapeutic environment
- Consistent communication between our office and our clients
- Support for the LGBTQIA+ community and people of color (POC)
- Retaining clinicians that serve families regardless of race, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
What we value in therapy:
- Healthy attachment and life choices
- Solid and informed foundations for those in relationships
- Boundaries and mindfulness